7/4/08

Trip to the Market in Yaounde


Yes, today I made a trip to the artisan market with Pam Robinson and her helper, Rebecca (first photo with two of the men selling items). Butterflies are very popular art here and you can see some of the pictures they make from butterfly wings. It was a wonderful few hours, altho most of it was spent in taxi stuck in traffic. Pam is here working with Wycliffe Associates helping with the volunteers, the clean water program and developing materials to assist in the aide crisis. I feel like the Lord has given Pam to me especially for this trip and I am committed to pray for her. Because she is an older woman of color the Africans respond very positively to Pam.

I took the photo of the butterfly eating a fallen mango just outside our housing.

No comments: